Do you want to help young people improve their lives?
RNW Media builds digital communities for social change. They dream of a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
They support young people (18-30 years old) to come together through digital platforms—with websites, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and other channels. Through their platforms young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them.
They have three global programmes. Two are thematic and one focuses on capacity building. Their thematic programmes are Love Matters and Citizen’s Voice. Love Matters focuses on realising sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), and Citizen’s Voice focuses on promoting social cohesion and inclusive governance. Examples of Citizen’s Voice projects are the Burundian bloggers collective, Yaga, and the Yemen Youth Panel. The RNTC Media Training programme strengthens the knowledge and skills of bloggers, vloggers, and of professional and citizen journalists for today’s media world.
You will be a member of the Data & Digital team and reporting into the Manager Data & Digital.
You will analyse online data to evaluate and optimize performance. You are able to set and measure indicators for behaviour change via digital engagement. Documents evidence of social change and best practices.
- Translates RNW’s projects goals into digitally measurable goals and KPI’s, based on the input of the Data & Digital team;
- Providing the organization with reliable data and capabilities used for improving user experience and achieving Social Change;
- Implements data collection, monitors and optimizes data quality and data processes;
- Provides data-based evidence to support our efforts to measure digital impact;
- Sets up and executes data analysis in order to provide input to the content engagement strategy;
- Monitors online performance of RNWs’ activities (websites, social, video, apps etc);
- Creates periodical and ad hoc reports, create dashboards, present results and advise on optimization;
- Pro-actively gives suggestions for innovation related to data collection, analysis and use;
- Coordinates/supports an international team of data analysts and SEO freelancers including sourcing agency support in our target countries.
Your pro-active way of working, in which you are a real team player makes you a true valued colleague to work with. Besides this you have a hands-on mentality, are pragmatic and able to think out of the box.
You also have:
- 3-5 years of experience in data analysis; web analytics package experience like Google
- Bachelor degree at a minimum
- Passion for working with data;
- Good understanding of statistics – especially how to interpret and action results;
- Good understanding of Data privacy rules & legislation (GDPR)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Experience developing indicators for social change;
- Strong organization and communication skills, high accuracy, drive for results;
- Excellent in English; preferably good in French.
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk. The position has a competitive compensation & benefits package aligned with the sector.
If you are interested in this role please send us your appliction. If you have any questions send an email to email@example.com or call Elmira van der Schee, Recruitment Consultant at 033-743 00 00.