Can you translate technical language into easily understandable insights?
RNW Media builds digital communities for social change. They dream of a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
They support young people (18-30 years old) to come together through digital platforms—with websites, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and other channels. Through their platforms young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them.
They have three global programmes. Two are thematic and one focuses on capacity building. Their thematic programmes are Love Matters and Citizen’s Voice. Love Matters focuses on realising sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), and Citizen’s Voice focuses on promoting social cohesion and inclusive governance. Examples of Citizen’s Voice projects are the Burundian bloggers collective, Yaga, and the Yemen Youth Panel. The RNTC Media Training programme strengthens the knowledge and skills of bloggers, vloggers, and of professional and citizen journalists for today’s media world.
You will be a member of the Data & Digital team and reporting into the Manager Data & Digital.
You will analyse online data to evaluate and optimize performance. You are able to set and measure indicators for behaviour change via digital platforms. Documents evidence of social change and best practices. You think analytically and can translate technical language into easily understandable insights.
- Follows systematic data collection practices;
- Ensures good documentation of work, learnings and contributions to data processing and analysis code;
- Collaborates with PMEL, content and engagement strategists to use digital methods which align with their measurement needs;
- Co-creates data projects with stakeholders via consultation, to understand their needs and then propose data solutions, often in the form of project and data (research) methodology proposals;
- Behaves like a pro-active data expert, by identifying areas of improvement related to data quality and performance at all times;
- Creates periodical and ad-hoc reports, visualizing and presenting data insights and conclusions in a structured way to internal stakeholders.
Your pro-active way of working, in which you are a real team player makes you a true valued colleague to work with. Besides this you have a hands-on mentality, are pragmatic and able to think out of the box.
You also have:
- Master in Marketing, Psychology, Social Sciences, Economy, Data Science or similar background with strong focus on data and quantitative methodology;
- 2 years of related work experience; (more for a medior role)
- Experience with data processing and analysis in R or Python; or able to learn R quickly if you know another programming language; a plus if you have experience with both.
- Experience with web analytics and social media analytics tools like Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, or similar experience with other methods of analyzing web and social;
- Experience working with numerical and textual data; (we have a lot of social media data)
- Able to identify and propose data solutions which are best suited at all times, or at least able to quickly assess which solutions are most appropriate;
- Excellent communication skills, especially related to making data accessible to non-specialists;
- Strong willingness and motivation to learn new methods quickly;
- Strong willingness to learn how to integrate data solutions into an NGO context.
- Using mixed-methods approaches to data-intensive research a plus.
- Experience working with APIs is a plus.
- Experience with data mining a plus.
- Experience with social listening a plus.
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative methodologies, and when each is better suited for the task is a plus.
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk. The position has a competitive compensation & benefits package aligned with the sector.
If you are interested in this role please send us your appliction. If you have any questions send an email to email@example.com or call Elmira van der Schee, Recruitment Consultant at 033-743 00 00.