Do you like to create and design new methods for data analysis in close collaboration with your team?
RNW Media builds digital communities for social change. They dream of a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
They support young people (18-30 years old) to come together through digital platforms—with websites, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and other channels. Through their platforms young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them.
They have three global programmes. Two are thematic and one focuses on capacity building. Their thematic programmes are Love Matters and Citizen’s Voice. Love Matters focuses on realising sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), and Citizen’s Voice focuses on promoting social cohesion and inclusive governance. Examples of Citizen’s Voice projects are the Burundian bloggers collective, Yaga, and the Yemen Youth Panel. The RNTC Media Training programme strengthens the knowledge and skills of bloggers, vloggers, and of professional and citizen journalists for today’s media world.
You will be a member of the Data & Digital team and reporting into the Manager Data & Digital.
You will analyse online data to evaluate and optimize performance. Is able to set and measure indicators for behaviour change via digital platforms. Documents evidence of social change and best practices. Thinks analytically and can translate technical language into easily understandable insights.
- Together with to be hired Data strategist Ensures systematic digital data collection in programmes and for the organization as a whole, incl. monitoring data quality and safety;
- Contribute to technical data knowledge base by documenting new code and data methodologies to be carried out by others working with digital data in the organizatio;.
- Developing technical tools and methods for others to use in the data and digital team; (developing tools not just finding new ones)
- Advising on data privacy and thinking about the right procedures regarding data, from a technical perspective;
- Creating and designing new methods for data analysis in close collaboration with the PMEL team and content and engagementstrategists. For example Social listening measurement strategy to measure the media impact of the organization broadly, and individual programme projects specificially;
- Conceptualizing research data proposals for BD, Programmes stakeholders and operationalizing these into technical measurement;
- Coordinating the collaboration between the teams of Data, Programmes, Digital and IT;
- Supporting the data team with setting up the right data infrastructure;
- Being pro-active and providing suggestions for innovation related to data collection, analysis and use;
- Creating periodical and ad-hoc reports, visualizing and presenting data insights and conclusions in a structured way to internal stakeholders.
Your pro-active way of working, in which you are a real team player makes you a true valued colleague to work with. Besides this you have a hands-on mentality, are pragmatic and able to think out of the box.
You also have:
- Master in Marketing, Psychology, Social Sciences, Economy or equivalent with strong focus on quantitative methodology;
- 5 years of related work experience;
Experience with web analytics and social media analytics tools, like Google Analytics;
- Experience with identifying which methodologies and data processes are best suited for the objectives of data projects;
- Experience with data processing and analysis in programming languages such as R, Python;
- Experience working with APIs for automated data collection;
- Experience working with numerical and textual data;
- Experience with data mining.
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk. The position has a competitive compensation & benefits package aligned with the sector.
If you are interested in this role please send us your appliction. If you have any questions send an email to email@example.com or call Elmira van der Schee, Recruitment Consultant at 033-743 00 00.